Monday, October 6, 2008

Simpmle Woman's Daybook

For Today…October 6, 2008

Outside my Window…crisp, cool, dark morning

I am thinking…how amazing it is when leaves change colors in the fall. Now for those of you who are used to this, you may not think about how awesome this is. I am from the coast of California, our leaves are green year-round. Now that I am in Washington, I am seeing some wonderful things that I have never been able to experience. Seeing three trees, one with green leaves, one with red leaves and one with yellow leaves, all in a row is so amazing and beautiful.

From the learning rooms…a mess of books and papers

I am thankful for…the lovely day trip we took to the mountains yesterday. It is so beautiful up there, the kids loved it, and we just had a joyous day together.

From the kitchen…nothing exciting. We were gone all day yesterday so I didn't get anything done. No delicious baked goodies, no yummy left overs. I'm sure we will have some later.

I am wearing…plaid pajama pants and a sweatshirt...I really should get dressed!

I am reading…the Bible, Little House in the Big Woods with the munchkins, the Real Story of Mankind

I am hoping…to see my mama soon

I am creating…a menu for the month. I have dinner completed, now I need to go shopping.

I am hearing…quiet.

Around the house…Ruth sleeping, Hannah playing, Ian studying science, Layla reading, Josiah making crafts

One of my favorite things…my family

I am praying for... Calli (always!), my beautiful sister, guidance

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week…decorate, bake, plan daddy's birthday

I accomplished since last week…created my dinner menu, got the books we needed, organized some things

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Layla and her corn cob doll. She was very excited to do this craft, she named her Susan, after Laura's corn cob doll in Little House.

To join in, link yourself at the Simple Woman. It's fun, you get to answer questions and stuff. We all know I like to answer questions!

1 comment:

Jacque Dixon said...

I am still waiting for our leaves to change.... I love the colors too!
Apparently, Around the House, we have a mess and dirt! LOL - from what Jocelyn's SWD says!

It was good to read about your day/week. I hope you have a great one!
blessings,
Jacque

http://jacquedixon.com/?p=1305