Monday, December 29, 2008

Happenings...


























Late lies the wintry sun a-bed
A frosty, fiery sleepy-head;
Blinks but an hour or two; and then,
A blood-red orange sets again.

Before the stars have left the skies
At morning in the dark I rise;
And shivering in my nakedness,
By the cold candle, bathe and dress.

Close by the jolly fire I sit,
To warm my frozen bones a bit;
Or with a reindeer-sled, explore
The colder countries round the door.
When to go out, my nurse doth wrap
Me in my comforter and cap
The cold wind burns my face, and blows
Its frosty pepper up my nose.

Black are my steps on silver sod;
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake,
Are frosted like a wedding cake.

Winter Time
by Robert Louis Stevenson


This fall, and now beginning winter, has truly been a precious time for us. Experiencing new things together, learning new things together, and just being together. Family is so beautiful, and as we grow and find more peace and joy, I just smile and thank the Lord.

Some moments of pure beauty I find myself breathing in deep and thinking, How can I thank you enough Lord? Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more?


The snow is beginning to melt...

I feel it should be spring,
but winter is just beginning.
More hot cocoa, more snuggles, more fires, more books...
We are all perfectly happy with that.
Take a walk in the snow or at the beach,
warm yourselves by the fire,
hug your husband or your children...
feel joy.
Have a lovely evening!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

SO true! I just posted something similar! We do have so much to be thankful for! Great pictures and poetry...thanks for sharing! :)

Blessings!

Amanda said...

What lovely pictures!! My brother arrived in Seattle last Friday, and I thought about you and your family enjoying all that snow!! Have a happy New Year celebration.

Blessings,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year's! :) May God bless you abundantly this year.


Miss Jocelyn
aponderingheart.com/blog

Anonymous said...

your pics are so lovely!!! ~christina

Anonymous said...

your kids are just so cute!