Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peace



"In stillness, we find our peace. Knowing
peace at home, we bring peace into the world."
-Katrina Kenison
Mitten Strings for God





I strive to create an environment at home that is filled with peace.
I lay with Ruth this morning, soft music playing, holding her as she fell asleep.
Once she was down, I lay with Hannah, listening to the music, reading, as she drifted off.
I cherish those simple moments.
As they slept, I prepared another lovely moment with the older children.
Candles, poetry, tea, homemade bread, blueberries and grapes for lunch.
The rest of the afternoon consisted of books, games, laughing and music.
A bit of light cleaning.
Preparing dinner with Layla and Josiah.
Enchiladas baking in the oven, we are relaxing, eagerly awaiting daddy's return home from his day at work. We will end our day with delicious food, hugs and kisses, snuggles, and read-alouds.
This is peace.
Have a beautiful night.

2 comments:

Meghann said...

I wish my days looked more like that...though it is my goal, it doesn't seem to happen. Thank you for the inspiration! :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture! Sounds so lovely! Home is such a great place to be, huh?! :)