Friday, October 23, 2009

Teaching


"Whenever I had anything, and saw a fellow-being suffering, I
was more anxious to relieve him than to benefit myself. And this
is one of the true secrets of my being a poor man to this day. But
it is my way; and while it has often left me with an empty
purse, which is as near the devil as anything else I have seen,
yet it has never left my heart empty of consolations
which money couldn't buy, the consolation of having
sometimes fed the hungry and covered
the naked."

-Davy Crockett

As I teach my children everyday, what do I most want them to learn?
To worship the Lord,
to serve Him,
to show His love to others,
to have compassion,
to show kindness,
to be selfless...

To teach them, I must model
To teach them, I must do and be
Lord, help me
to worship You,
to serve You,
to show Your love to others,
to have compassion,
to show kindness,
to be selfless...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! This is my desire as well...I need to be more purposeful about this...thanks for the encouragement and I can't wait to check out that book!

Have a wonderful day, Amy!

Tammy L said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Amy! :) I have been to the tri-cities area... but it was about 10 years ago! I may soon have family living in Eastern WA though, as my brother is marrying a lady in Moses Lake and will be re-locating somewhere over there next year. (The rest of my family is in Ohio!) Anyway, just wanted to let you know I appreciated your comment. How fun that we both have little Baby Ruths -- although they're not really babies at this age... ;)